Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/11/06 10:57:57 UTC

2.9.1 release draft

Any suggested changes?

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Lucene 2.9.1 released

Release 2.9.1 of Apache Lucene is now available.

This release fixes bugs from 2.9.0, including one serious bug whereby
BooleanQuery could silently fail to retrieve certain matching
documents.

There are also some minor API changes, including a Version parameter
added to QueryParser and contrib Analyzers, so that version dependent
defaults are consistent across classes, as well as un-deprecating of
certain methods (we were too zealous in a few cases!).

Otherwise the changes are all bug fixes and documentation
improvements.

This release is fully compatible with 2.9.0.  We strongly recommend
upgrading to 2.9.1 if you are using 2.9.0.

See core changes at XXX and contrib changes at YYY.

Binary and source distributions are available at
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/

Lucene artifacts are also available in the Maven2 repository at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/

Mike

Re: 2.9.1 release draft

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK new version (just added the "Furthermore..." from Uwe's feedback):

Release 2.9.1 of Apache Lucene is now available.

This release fixes bugs from 2.9.0, including one serious bug whereby
BooleanQuery could silently fail to retrieve certain matching
documents.

There are also some minor API changes, including a Version parameter
added to QueryParser and contrib Analyzers, so that version dependent
defaults are consistent across classes, as well as un-deprecating of
certain methods (we were too zealous in a few cases!).

Otherwise the changes are all bug fixes and documentation
improvements.

This release is fully compatible with 2.9.0.  We strongly recommend
upgrading to 2.9.1 if you are using 2.9.0.

Furthermore, because some additional APIs were deprecated in 2.9.1, to
ensure a clean ("JAR drop in") upgrade to 3.0 you'll need to ensure
your code compiles against 2.9.1 without deprecation warnings.

See core changes at XXX and contrib changes at YYY.

Binary and source distributions are available at
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/

Lucene artifacts are also available in the Maven2 repository at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/

Mike

Re: 2.9.1 release draft

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.