Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com> on 2001/02/20 19:15:57 UTC

component project rebuild / updating

Hello, Cedric,

I have got your *zip file maybe one week ago. Do you update it and how often? Does it
depend on the struts updating?

Thanks,

Maya

Re: component project rebuild / updating

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Maya Muchnik wrote:

> Hello, Cedric,
>
> I have got your *zip file maybe one week ago. Do you update it and how often? Does it
> depend on the struts updating?
>
> Thanks,

Struts binary distributions are created every night, and reflect whatever changes in the
code and/or documentation have been made that day.  Recently, that's been quite a lot as
we approach a 1.0 beta release.  As betas (and the final release) are created, they will
remain stable -- and obviously will not reflect the day-to-day changes.

Subscribers to the STRUTS-DEV list receive a mail message on every CVS code commit that
is done, which documents the actual changes being made as they happen.  Yesterday, for
example, the <html:img> and <html:image> tags were updated so that you could grab the
image source and/or the alternate text out of your internationalized resources, instead
of having to hard code them.  This change showed up in last night's distribution files.

> Maya

Craig

Re: component project rebuild / updating

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  I update Components project when there is major change, either in
Struts or in
Components.
  I have done it today, and will do it as soon as struts 1.0 is ready.
  To know the latest update, check the date in the "download" window ;-)

  Unfortunately, I have less and less time for Components. So, if there
is some
volunteers to improve them, let me know. I will soon put Components on a
CVS server.

  Usually, changes in Struts don't affect Components. If Components come
with an older
version of Struts, just replace the struts.jar and struts-*.tld files
with the newest
ones. The biggest changes in Struts that can affect Components are in
ActionServlet. But
either in this case, modifications are very simple (3 lines at the end
of methods
processActionForward() and ProcessValidate() ).

    Cedric