Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com> on 2007/06/07 21:40:49 UTC

RE: Updated Eclipse build doc for jmeter

Hi Mike,

I got the source to build without errors (but with 1184 warnings) but when I
run it I get the error below. How did you solve this?

Thanks,
Ron

When I try to run NewDriver I get the following:

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.jmeter.resources.messages, locale en_US

I'm following the Running and Debugging section from here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterAndEclipseHowTo

Mike

Re: Updated Eclipse build doc for jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
See eclipse.readme in the root directory.

You can also download ant separately.

Posted by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com>.
I downloaded rel-2-2, but I don't see an ant package. Am I missing something?

Ron

> I want to run this outside of Eclipse but can't figure out how to create
> the
> ApacheJMeter.jar file. I'm new to Eclipse and can't figure out how to do
> it.
> Can you please help?

ant package

will create everything

Re: Updated Eclipse build doc for jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/06/07, rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com> wrote:

> That didn't work. It just changes the message to:
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
> org.apache.jmeter.resources.messages, locale en
>
> Strange that Mike saw that message a little over a month ago. Was that patch
> in place then?

No.

> I want to run this outside of Eclipse but can't figure out how to create the
> ApacheJMeter.jar file. I'm new to Eclipse and can't figure out how to do it.
> Can you please help?

ant package

will create everything

Posted by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I've updated eclipse.readme and eclipse.classpath.

The classpath no longer excludes images or properties, so Eclipse
builds should now be able to run JMeter from the build directory.

It still needs the jars to be present in lib/ext, because of the way
that JMeter finds classes. This could probably be fixed, but it's not
exactly a priority.

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I've found the problem.