Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Hallagan . Andrew" <ah...@hpti.com> on 2011/11/22 17:06:48 UTC

Nested dependencies

Hi,

Being brand-new to Ivy I have a couple (hopefully) simple questions.  I have three projects, each with their own separate Ivy configurations, but which form a dependency chain.  Each project exists in a directory at the same hierarchal level as the others (e.g., they all exist under /home/username/) but the project in repo_a/ depends on a JAR file produced by repo_b/, which depends on a JAR file in repo_c/.  So at the end of the day, repo_a/ needs to have the JAR files produced by repo_b/ and repo_c/ in its library.

Now, when I run "ant" from within repo_a/, it will pull the correct artifact from repo_b/, but it will not actually build the project in repo_b/.  I'd like to come up with a way so that the "resolve" task actually goes into repo_b/ and reads the ivy.xml file there and resolves repo_b/'s dependencies and then imports THOSE artifacts, along with the ones repo_b/ produces into the library of repo_a/.

My directory structure is given below, this may help to clarify my question.  Notice how A depends on B, and B depends on C.

repo_a/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      lib/
            libraryX.jar
            libraryY.jar

repo_b/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      dist/
            libraryX.jar
      lib/
            libraryY.jar

repo_c/
      ivy.xml
      build.xml
      settings/ivysettings.xml
      dist/
            libraryY.jar

Thank you,

Andrew
This electronic message transmission and any attachments that accompany it contain information from DRC(r) (Dynamics Research Corporation) or its subsidiaries, or the intended recipient, which is privileged, proprietary, business confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the exclusive property of DRC and/or the intended recipient. The information in this email is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity that is the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, or copying of this communication, attachments, or substance is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately reply to the author via email that you received the message by mistake and also promptly and permanently delete this message and all copies of this email and any attachments. We thank you for your assistance and apologize for any inconvenience.