Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gr...@titanium.sabren.com> on 2004/10/11 07:35:22 UTC

Question about doc/README 'NOTES on Texinfo usage'

Hi.

I don't understand what the section "Notes on Texinfo usage" is
for. I can't see any Makefile target to build a texinfo version
of the book, so I would presume these notes refer to the xml
source. But then, only the first note uses xml quotes, the rest
use @somthing{} which is clearly texinfo syntax.  Can somebody
ellaborate on this? I've found text in the book xml using single ",
' or ` quotes and don't know if I have to submit a patch to replace
them with <quote>.

Re: Question about doc/README 'NOTES on Texinfo usage'

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gr...@titanium.sabren.com> writes:
> I don't understand what the section "Notes on Texinfo usage" is
> for. I can't see any Makefile target to build a texinfo version
> of the book, so I would presume these notes refer to the xml
> source. But then, only the first note uses xml quotes, the rest
> use @somthing{} which is clearly texinfo syntax.  Can somebody
> ellaborate on this? I've found text in the book xml using single ",
> ' or ` quotes and don't know if I have to submit a patch to replace
> them with <quote>.

   $ find . -name "*.texi"
   ./doc/programmer/design/protocol.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/goals.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/license.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/architecture.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/svn-design.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/model.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/client.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/deltas.texi
   ./doc/programmer/design/server.texi
   [...]
   $

The book isn't the only thing under 'doc/'. :-)

-Karl