Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by luc <lu...@spaceroots.org> on 2012/08/09 10:00:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1370951 [1/2] - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: changes/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/util/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/

Le 2012-08-09 00:25, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Hi Luc,

Hi Gilles,

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 08:33:43PM -0000, luc@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: luc
>> Date: Wed Aug  8 20:33:43 2012
>> New Revision: 1370951

>> Log:
>> Added a new package dealing with differentials.
>>
>> The package is intended to deals with one or more free parameters
>> and
>> derivation order 1 or higher.
>>
>> The core elements are based on Dan Kalman paper "Recursive
>> Multivariate
>> Automatic Differentiation", Mathematics Magazine, vol. 75, no. 3,
>> June
>> 2002. For efficiency, the recursive structure is compiled as simple
>> loops once for each pair (number of free parameters, derivation
>> order).
>>
>> This is work in progress, there are still some features missing even
>> in
>> the most basic blocks (typically the asin, acos, atan, atant2 and
>> taylor
>> methods in DSCompiler). There are also still no high level
>> differentiator implementation.
>>
>> Added:
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DSCompiler.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DerivativeStructure.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/UnivariateDifferential.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/UnivariateDifferentiator.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/package-info.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DSCompilerTest.java
>>   (with props)
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DerivativeStructureTest.java
>>   (with props)
>> Modified:
>>     commons/proper/math/trunk/src/changes/changes.xml
>>
>> commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/util/FastMath.java
>

> -1
>
> The commit reverted earlier changes in "FastMath.java". [The mixup
> shows in
> the other message (part [2/2]) from "commits@".]

Ooops. I'm sorry for that, I did not detect it. Thanks for spotting it!

> Moreover, the introduction of "pow(double,int)" could have been done
> first
> and separately from the differentiation stuff.

Yes, it would have been better.

> Please revert the changes to "FastMath.java".

It's done now. I'll commit the change to add the integer power in a few
minutes as a separate commit.

> I don't get how this could happen; isn't subversion supposed to
> detect that
> the working copy is outdated?

I think this is due to some wrong manual handling by myself: as this
feature took quite a long time
to develop, I was working on different machines with different working
copies and copied files back and
forth between them. I have probably missed something and copied a file
after having updated it from the
repository, hence subversion thought the changes were new changes I
wanted to introduce.

I will take more care to avoid this in the future.

Thanks for spotting this and sorry again to have mixed things up.

best regards,
Luc