Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Scott Moore <Sc...@netDecide.com> on 2002/07/15 21:09:39 UTC

text flow around images

This is a XSL-FO and FOP question rolled into one.

------------------
! some text some !
! text some text !
! some ********* !
! text * Image * !
! some ********* !
! text some text !
------------------

I need to have an image on the right part of the document and would like
text to flow around it from the paragraph above and down the left part of
the page - without using a table (because the text won't flow correctly).

1) What construct do I use in XSL-FO to achieve this?
2) Does FOP currently support this kind of layout?

Thanks,
Scott

Re: text flow around images

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Scott Moore wrote:
> This is a XSL-FO and FOP question rolled into one.
>
> ------------------
> ! some text some !
> ! text some text !
> ! some ********* !
> ! text * Image * !
> ! some ********* !
> ! text some text !
>

> I need to have an image on the right part of the document and would like
> text to flow around it from the paragraph above and down the left part of
> the page - without using a table (because the text won't flow correctly).
>
> 1) What construct do I use in XSL-FO to achieve this?

Check the fo:flow element.

> 2) Does FOP currently support this kind of layout?

No. With some additional knowledge you can simulate it
with a table.

J.Pietschmann