Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@tigris.org> on 2010/10/12 10:19:12 UTC

POMStrap & Aether

Hi,

We've started working on pomstrap3 using aether (about pomstrap =>
http://pomstrap.tigris.org/ )

http://github.com/POMStrap/pomstrap3

But there are many problems:
1/
I use maven shade plugin to bundle an uberjar of aether with all dep.
http://github.com/POMStrap/pomstrap3/tree/master/aether-shader/
It should provide pomstrap the dep tree without having to resolve all
aether dependencies.
The thing is I got an exception when I use the cli (see provided
shell) with a very simple example (I dont have the problem in IDE).
I suspect a missing resource or whatever when shade plugin package the uberjar.
Could someone confirm?

2/
It should be nice if aether could return the real dependency tree
without trying to resolve the best required jar (I'm not sure if it is
the case...).
Also for futur release of pomstrap, it should be nice if we could add
some hint in pom.xml file on dependency section to fine tune
classloader (this deserve a specific discussion).

--
Al

Re: POMStrap & Aether

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/resource-transformers.html

> It should be nice if aether could return the real dependency tree
> without trying to resolve the best required jar

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/AETHER/How+Aether+Resolves+Dependencies

Benjamin