Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@progress.com> on 2010/02/10 13:02:13 UTC

SOAP Fault and HTTP error

Hi there

I had in mind (due to discussions years ago) that HTTP error 200 should be used to return a SOAP fault. I noticed that CXF returns 500 instead.

I've checked the soap 1.1 spec which says that http error 500 should be used when the web service returns a soap fault. Also the WS-I BP doesn't define something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Oli

RE: SOAP Fault and HTTP error

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

I imagine several people mouthed the same response of "were you asking a
question?" :)

The behavior of CXF is correct.  This is a common mistake made in "ad
hoc" or older Soap service handlers.  It's also common to handle this
incorrectly in the client handler (dropping the Soap fault on the
floor).  That's why we use frameworks.