Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Siddharth Verma <ve...@snapdeal.com> on 2016/06/13 12:39:45 UTC

select query on entire primary key returning more than one row in result

Hi,
We are facing this issue on production,
We upgraded our cassandra from 3.0.3 to 3.5

When we ran a query with partition key and clustering column(entire primary
key specified), we get 16 rows in return.

We have 2DC's, each with RF 3 for our keyspace.

1. We connected with cqlsh, and setting consistency to local_one, and
tracing on, we saw that, we got correct result on 3, and erroneous results
on 3.
Correct result : only 1 row
Erroneous result : 16 rows

2. we executed the statement while specifying only the clustering column
with ALLOW FILTERING, then we got the only one record for that partition
key.

3. While upgrading, we dropped key_cache folder on some, not all.

What could be the causes and how to fix this issue?

We speculate that it might be due to cache.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Siddharth Verma

Re: select query on entire primary key returning more than one row in result

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
Joel,

Id rather thank you for naming 11513 earlier in the mail, I would have been
lost in the code for a much longer time otherwise.

Repeating what Tianshi mentioned in 11513 - "*Cassandra community is
awesome! Should buy you a beer, Joel."* :)

Posted by Joel Knighton <jo...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
Joel,

Posted by Joel Knighton <jo...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
I have verified this issue to be fixed in 3.6 and 3.7.
And the issue mentioned on this thread is fixed as well.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
Joel,

Posted by Joel Knighton <jo...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Knighton <jo...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
Jira CASSANDRA-12003

Posted by Atul Saroha <at...@snapdeal.com>.
Hi Tyler,

Posted by Siddharth Verma <ve...@snapdeal.com>.
id is partition key,
f_name is clustering key

We weren't querying on lucene indexes.
lucene index is on id, and f_d_name (another column).

We were facing this issue on production in one column family, due to which
we had to downgrade to 3.0.3

Re: select query on entire primary key returning more than one row in result

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

Re: select query on entire primary key returning more than one row in result

Posted by Atul Saroha <at...@snapdeal.com>.

Posted by Anshu Vajpayee <an...@gmail.com>.
were all rows same? If not what was different ?

What was droppable tombstone  compaction  ratio for that table/CF?

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Siddharth Verma <

--
*Regards,*
*Anshu *

Re: select query on entire primary key returning more than one row in result

Posted by Siddharth Verma <ve...@snapdeal.com>.