Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joel Tosi <Jo...@apropos.com> on 2001/05/01 22:14:14 UTC

Endless loop trying to get Jetspeed up on Tomcat 4.0

As the subject line says, I am trying to get JetSpeed up under Tomcat 4.0.
I built the war and dropped in, page loads fine, but the log file shows an
exception, a class from XALAN was not found, so I hardcode xalan.jar to the
classpath, log file complains about jaxp, throw Jaxp jar in, log file
complains about turbine....  and so the pattern continues.  Any ideas?  I
have been going through jars for about an hour now with no luck..

Thanks
Joel

Re: Endless loop trying to get Jetspeed up on Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Joel Tosi wrote:

> As the subject line says, I am trying to get JetSpeed up under Tomcat 4.0.
> I built the war and dropped in, page loads fine, but the log file shows an
> exception, a class from XALAN was not found, so I hardcode xalan.jar to the
> classpath, log file complains about jaxp, throw Jaxp jar in, log file
> complains about turbine....  and so the pattern continues.  Any ideas?  I
> have been going through jars for about an hour now with no luck..

I don't know which version of tomcat 4.0, but it looks like a tomcat
classloader problem there. The war is self contained, you should not add
any jar to the jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib/ dir

Re: Endless loop trying to get Jetspeed up on Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:

> Joel Tosi wrote:
>
>> As the subject line says, I am trying to get JetSpeed up under Tomcat 4.0.
>> I built the war and dropped in, page loads fine, but the log file shows an
>> exception, a class from XALAN was not found, so I hardcode xalan.jar to the
>> classpath, log file complains about jaxp, throw Jaxp jar in, log file
>> complains about turbine....  and so the pattern continues.  Any ideas?  I
>> have been going through jars for about an hour now with no luck..
>>

> I'm trying the same with Tomcat 4.0b3 and there seems to be a
> classloading
> problem as I have ClassNotFoundErrors in the error logs that change
> between
> instanciation without changing the configuration... Weird.
>
>>>From what I can guess, it's related to the Thread pool and the creation
> of
> new non-Catalina managed threads but I could not yet create a test case.

I will take a look when I have time, but it will not be soon :)

I have not really tried to setup Jetspeed with Catalina yet, just a
small experiment.

Re: Endless loop trying to get Jetspeed up on Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.

--
Raphaël Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net

RE: Endless loop trying to get Jetspeed up on Tomcat 4.0

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Try this:

- In Catalina, replace crimson.jar and jaxp.jar by xerces-1.3.0.jar
- build webapp
- copy the war into Catalina webapps
- start Catalina
- shutdown catalina by terminating (ctrl-c) - dont use the standard shutdown

- david