Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "William (LIST) J. Goltz" <li...@AcropolisComputing.net> on 2002/10/23 20:17:48 UTC

Does the "bean:struts" portion of the struts-bean taglib work

I have set up my JSP page to use the bean:struts and I am trying to
determine if I have it set up correctly.

welcomw.jsp

<bean:struts id="welcomeForm" formBean="welcomeForm"/>
.
.
[<bean:write name="welcomeForm" ignore="true" property="test"/>]

WelcomeForm.jsp
package net.company.viewhelper;
.
.
public class WelcomeForm extends ActionForm {
private String test;
protected static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(WelcomeForm.class);
/**
* @see org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm#reset(ActionMapping,
HttpServletRequest, ) */ public void reset(ActionMapping mapping,
HttpServletRequest request) { logger.info("WelcomeForm::reset Exiting");
} public void setTest(String test) {
logger.info("WelcomeForm::setTest ");
this.test = test;
}
public String getTest() {
String temp = "Test";
logger.info("WelcomeForm::getTest " + temp);
return temp;
}
}
struts-config.xml

<form-beans type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionFormBean">
<form-bean name="welcomeForm" type="net.company.viewhelper.WelcomeForm"
/> </form-beans>

Description of Problem

When I run this with bean:write property set to "test", I get an error
message
"javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property test of
bean welcomeForm"

At first I considered that my getter was incorrect; I have not been able
to identify a problem.

Next I decided to see which class was being exposed, so  I change the
property to "class" and now the bean:write displays the value "[class
org.apache.struts.action.ActionFormBean] ".

It would have been my assumption that the value displayed would be
"[class net.company.viewhelper.WelcomeForm]".

When I execute an Action with the form bean name of "welcomeForm" the
type works correctly.

Any help identifying where I have configure this incorrectly would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

William J. Goltz