Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guido Medina <gm...@mercantil.com.do> on 2001/12/31 15:24:54 UTC

GOOD NEWS: Tomcat 4.01 service on Win2k, JDK1.3.1_02 & JDK 1.4b3 working, root cause found...

Hi,

  I was asking how to solve this problem that I have been seen for a while
here in this list, when you install JDK 1.3.1_01 for example and after
Tomcat 4.01, TC creates a register named JavaSoft pointing to Program
Files/JavaSoft/JRE1.3.1_01, when you upgrade the JDK that subdir will
change, so, when you uninstalls TC it doesn't clean that register (Apache
Tomcat) so, what you have to do is Start/Run/Regedit and after Search for
every register that match "JavaSoft" and when you see Apache Tomcat edit it
and specify the new subdir.

That's it...

Done.

Guido.