Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 01:47:03 UTC

Apache Drill Hangout Information

Hello Drillers,

I have created a Google spreadsheet to track leaders of the weekly hangout
(Tuesday at 10am Pacific time) to make sure we always have someone able to
attend the meeting and facilitate discussion. Commitment is pretty low, for
anyone who has attended the hangout it should be easy to volunteer for a
week.

The meeting has a pretty simple structure. If there are newcomers to the
meeting, allow them to introduce themselves and ask them how they are
interested in contributing to or using Drill. Next go around the list of
attendees and ask for discussion topics. Discuss each of the topics, making
sure to suggest continuation of the discussion on the list where necessary,
project decisions should not be made at the hangouts.

To prevent random edits I have restricted the spreadsheet to comments. I
will translate your first comment in one of the boxes to an actual edit in
the doc and give you edit permissions for future sign-ups.

One area we have been neglecting lately is taking notes in the meetings and
reporting them back to the list. In the sheet below is a link to our old
google doc that I am resurrecting to store all of the notes for future
meetings. The notes should also be forwarded to the list after each meeting.

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that the canonical source for
information about the design and development of the project should be the
mailing lists. Any discussions that happen off of the list, in
person/chat/IRC/private email should be reflected/summarized on the list or
JIRA whenever there is an impact on the project as a whole.

Please sign up for a few days to lead the meeting or be a backup if the
primary cannot attend.

Thanks and happy Drilling!

Spreadsheet for sign-up:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bEQKk16Kktb1XeZwKD8xCuhaO8FtNfF1Cr2rcTv1a6M/edit?usp=sharing