Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by tvogel <tv...@msn.com> on 2014/11/26 18:24:49 UTC

Karaf support in Eclipse

The EIK project does not appear to support Karaf 3.x nor Eclipse Luna.  What
is the best way to get Eclipse Luna integration?  At a minimum, I need the
set of Karaf bundles in a target environment file.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Karaf support in Eclipse

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You should deploy the bundles in Karaf: it's more a itest standpoint
IMHO, no ?

Regards
JB

On 11/26/2014 07:38 PM, tvogel wrote:
> JB,
>    Thanks for the quick reply!
>
>    I did not try it because the support page did not include my versions.  I
> will try it.
>
>    Regarding not needing it for development, my OSGi development to date has
> been with Eclipse RCP applications.  For these I create a target environment
> in Eclipse so that all the dependencies can be found.  If I do not include
> Karaf bundles, how will it find all of the OSGi services?
>
>    Appreciate your help with what is a very basic (noob) question.
>
> Tim

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf support in Eclipse

Re: Karaf support in Eclipse

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

For dev, you don't need any Karaf integration.

EIK is interesting to "extend" dev and embed Karaf inside Eclipse.

By the way:
1/ the latest EIK SNAPSHOT should support both, did you try it ?
2/ if you see any issue with the SNAPSHOT, we love contribution ;)

Regards
JB

On 11/26/2014 06:24 PM, tvogel wrote:
> The EIK project does not appear to support Karaf 3.x nor Eclipse Luna.  What
> is the best way to get Eclipse Luna integration?  At a minimum, I need the
> set of Karaf bundles in a target environment file.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net