Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Anthony Roach <An...@marklogic.com> on 2018/04/12 17:58:34 UTC

Ongoing support for a contribution

Hi,

I am very new to the open source world.  My organization is preparing to submit a NiFi processor to load data into our commercial NoSQL database.  Once the review and commit are completed, what are our responsibilities for managing issues?  Do we monitor the issues distribution list?

Thanks...
___________________________________
Anthony Roach
Product Manager
MarkLogic Corporation
Desk: +1 650 287 2587
Mobile: +1 415 368 6460
www.marklogic.com<https://exchange.marklogic.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=2xvxxIRdFrhaKKSB3ci9GbM0QJCBS5YGss9e9ahFqmgMx1QfDTTUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.marklogic.com%2f>
[MLSoMeSignature]<http://www.marklogic.com/social/>

Re: Ongoing support for a contribution

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anthony,

From a general ASF standpoint, when that code is contributed to/accepted by
the project it is taken on by the community and its contributors.  Of
course you and any others involved in the contribution process would be
encouraged to help out as much as you care to, but there is no explicit
responsibility to do so.

There is a great number of resources made available to get better
acquainted with open source and the operations within the ASF.  I would
encourage you to scope out
https://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html and its linked content.

Let us know if you have additional questions!

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Anthony,