Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/20 12:14:55 UTC

Project site links

Hello,

what happened to some of the links at http://cayenne.apache.org/ ?

I want to access 3.0 JavaDoc from the menu and the resulting url (
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/api/index.html) is showing me the 3.1-SNAPSHOT
javadoc. There should definitely be a 3.0 API link somewhere on the main
page!

Another broken link is Tutorial (http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/tutorial.html)
which is saying
"There's no Cayenne 3.1 tutorial yet, as 3.1 is still under active
development. You may want to check a tutorial for Cayenne
3.0<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=CAYDOC30&title=Tutorial>instead."

Very odd. And when one clicks on the above link (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=CAYDOC30&title=Tutorial),
you have to have an account for wiki (very unfriendly for new comers). And
even when one creates an account (as I just did), you get "You are not
permitted to perform this operation."

This is a real blocker - like saying "Go away, we don't want you to learn
Cayenne".

I suspect there are more links that lead to dead ends on the site.

Cheers,
Borut

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks for bringing it up. We are working on it (see discussion on dev@cayenne.a.o
).

Andrus

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Never mind. Just noticed Ari's commit from yesterday. So I fixed the
page template in SVN and applied it to the wiki.

Andrus

Re: Project site links

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Thanks for fixing that. I've been offline for 12 hours now (which seems to be the longest time away from this internet thing for years!).

I'll put some notes in svn about how the two scripts are being used at the moment. And for the most part, I do try to keep the confluence template updated in svn. Just be sure to update all the templates if you change something: there are quite a few Confluence spaces now and for consistency I try to keep them all in sync, even the DataViews one.

Cheers

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Your URLs are different. Aren't they supposed to be different?

And this page:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC30/Tutorial+Starting+Mapping+Project

was deleted some time ago. The Confluence export thing doesn't deal with deleted pages very well.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 20/01/10 10:19 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> This is something I mentioned before.
>
> Ari, do we still have any unresolved problems preventing us from
> publishing 3.0 docs under http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/ and fixing
> the menu links? Would be nice if we could fix it.

Yeah, I got the scripts running yesterday since the Hudson builds are now producing javadoc reliably. There appears to be a permissions problem I thought I solved 4 hours ago and was just waiting for rsync to catch up to, but it is still a problem.

   http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/api

I've got a bit of time tonight to sort it out.

Re: Project site links

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.