Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2002/09/10 19:47:02 UTC

[ActionForm] Returning from validate routine

Hi All,

In a validate routine, if a non-null ActionErrors object is returned, struts
returns to the 'page' identified on the input parameter in the
action-mapping for the action.  I need to return to a dynamically determined
'page'.  Is this possible?  If so, what has to be overridden to make it
happen?

TIA,

Jerry Jalenak
Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496
jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.

Re: [ActionForm] Returning from validate routine

Posted by Jim Crossley <cr...@charter.net>.
The input can reference another struts action that is able to do the
"dynamic determination", e.g.

  input="/determinator.do?valid=no"

or some such thing.

Jim