Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ljubo Brglez <lj...@kreit.si> on 2001/12/30 14:07:56 UTC

ManagerServlet cannot be loaded

Hello!

I have a problem with tomcat manager. I use apache 1.3.9, tomcat 4.0.1 and
webapp_module. I can log in to http://localhost/manager/ but I cannot use
anything else like http://localhost/manager/list. I receive this exception:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
type Exception report
message Internal Server Error
description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet
instance

root cause

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet
is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

I wrote this line in tomcat-users.xml:
<user name="user" password="pass" roles="standard,manager" />

and in httpd.conf I put this:

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName localhost
  ErrorLog logs/localhost-error_log
  CustomLog logs/localhost-access_log common
  <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection conn     warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy     examples conn /examples
    WebAppDeploy     manager  conn /manager
    WebAppDeploy     myapp    conn /myapp
    WebAppInfo /webapp-info
  </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

A also read mail from Mark Saltzman, which had the same problem, but
this didn't help me.

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg38357.html

Please help!

Ljubo

Re: ManagerServlet cannot be loaded

Posted by Ljubo Brglez <lj...@kreit.si>.
Hello!

I figure out that if I try to access /manager/list on port 8080 so
http://localhost:8080/manager/list IT WORKS but on
port 80 through webapp_module i still get exception.

http://localhost:8080/manager/list - works fine
http://localhost/manager/list - I get SecurityException

Any idea how to solve this?

Ljubo