Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rohan chauhan <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/13 17:10:30 UTC

How to Set local repository for development environment.. what tools needed

Hi all,

I m working in maven for long time but till date i'm the only one in my project.
Now things goes like this:
            We are total for developers. we want that my PC should be server for Maven. So that all others developer check in my repository first and if jar is not available then jar is download to my pc and then developers access it. we all are in our intranet only.

            Developer1

            Developer2                                       MyPc                            Maven Public Repo

            Developer3

Can any one give me what i need to do?

________________________________
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail ! ! !

________________________________

________________________________
* Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.  Be happy now.  Don't wait for
something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.  Think how
really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with
your family.  Every minute should be enjoyed and savored
by forgetting problems. * - My Thought

________________________________

Re: How to Set local repository for development environment.. what tools needed

Posted by 陈思淼 <ch...@gmail.com>.
you need to some local repository tool to proxy the maven central
repository.you can have a look at :<
http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/1.2/>

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:10 AM, rohan chauhan <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I m working in maven for long time but till date i'm the only one in my project.
> Now things goes like this:
>            We are total for developers. we want that my PC should be server for Maven. So that all others developer check in my repository first and if jar is not available then jar is download to my pc and then developers access it. we all are in our intranet only.
> Can any one give me what i need to do?

You can use mirrors in settings.xml to make sure that developers in
your organization only pull artifacts from your internal repositories.
 http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

It's not clear what "my repository" is above, but be aware that
sharing your personal *local* repository will not work.  You need to
establish an internal "remote" repository.

Take a look at the various repository managers (Archiva, Nexus,
Artifactory).  (But if that looks too complex to start, keep in mind
Maven can deal perfectly well with a file:// url.  If you check the
archives you should find some scripts that can convert local
repository metadata to the remote repo format.)

--
Wendy