Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by SCHEDENIG Marian <Ma...@qualysoft.com> on 2007/03/15 14:07:28 UTC

Sessions with Axis2

Hi!

I'm trying to get sessions working with Axis2. I have a simple test
service (deployed as a POJO) with a login() and a count() method.
count() shall return the number of times it was called since the session
was started. login() has to be invoked before the first call to count(),
otherwise count() returns -1 (telling the client to login first).

Judging from the tutorial at
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661, the best way
should be to deploy my service in the "soapsession" scope. However, I
can't seem to get my service to create sessions. When I use the
"transport" scope, at least the previous service instance does not get
destroyed with every new call, but both ways, each new call creates a
new service instance. When using "soapsession", the new call first
destroys the old instance, then creates a new one and invokes it.

I have enabled session management in my service client's options, and I
am reusing the same client instance for consecutive calls, so that
should not be the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Marian.

AW: Sessions with Axis2

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch>.
That happens mainly in a time-out-condition.

I wonder why you do not see the SOAP fault such as "invalid Service Group ID"
text returned from the server in the sopa message.

But further to that there are some problems with scope=soapsession

Look at my JIRA-1991 to get more insigth, even if it is not the final solution
better then nothing.

AXIS2.XML needs to be modified and that solfe the problem only half way, -> JIRA-1991

<!-- This will give out the timout of the configuration contexts, in (milli)seconds -->
  <parameter name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval" locked="false">30000</parameter>

maybe you should (if not done so) implement init() and destroy() to your service
and have a logger defined at the server side to logg all calles when they arrive.
Then look into the tomcat stdout-nnnnnnn.log and see what your server does.

Josef