Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2017/03/07 13:44:00 UTC

[NOTICE] switch to Java 8 as "official target" for Apache Brooklyn Jenkins builds

hello all,

In the mail thread "[PROPOSAL] Remove java 7 support" [1] it has been
proposed to "1. Update our jenkins etc to always build/run with Java 8."

I intend to start changing the build configurations, and I'm going to
propose doing so from tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10.00 UTC.

I'm hoping that normal service should continue uninterrupted, but please
let me know if you want me to hold off doing this, and when would be
preferable.

kind regards
Geoff

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/196c758afed8091ffefa8f3bdd4792fae6a29fa1cf6f0dd86e20f821@%3Cdev.brooklyn.apache.org%3E

Re: [NOTICE] switch to Java 8 as "official target" for Apache Brooklyn Jenkins builds

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
hi all,

I'm happy to report that the brooklyn-dist-master build has been switched
over to JDK 8 now. That's the last of the builds to switch over, so I hope
we can get on to the next of Aled's proposed steps as time permits.

regards
Geoff

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
hello all,

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Thanks Richard, will do that.

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Geoff,

On 8 March 2017 at 17:36, Geoff Macartney <geoff.macartney@cloudsoftcorp.com

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
An update on the above topic.

[...]

-                       not updated            incubator-brooklyn-master-windows