Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Josh Clark <id...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/06 19:16:27 UTC

Re: Compiler option changes (and other patches)

Andreas,

I was trying to use your daily build, but had some issues...

1. The websites for apr do not have apr 1.1.0 anymore. I had to use the ones
I had downloaded previously.

2. The patch file apr-1.1.0.patch seems corrupt (at least on windows). It
looks the same as the one I had from CVS, but the build has issues running
the patch (and stops patching). I replaced the file with the one I had from
CVS and eveyrthing worked.

josh

Posted by Andreas Fester <An...@gmx.de>.
Josh Clark wrote:
> The current version from littletux.net <http://littletux.net> has the PDB
> change in it twice. This first time is too early (the lib.dir directory
> isn't set yet.
>
> see line 339 of build.xml.
>
> <!-- For MS VC++, set a specific PDB file -->
> <condition property="pdb-option" value="/Fd${log4cxx.lib.dir}/log4cxx.pdb">
> <equals arg1="${compiler}" arg2="msvc"/>
> </condition>
Thanks, I will fix it.

> Also, apr now has 1.2.2. I don't need the patch file but I do error out the
> first time through since there is no patch file for that version. The next
> build is fine because apr has already been unzipped.
Wow, they are really fast. I changed the version in my daily build to
1.2.1 just a few days ago, and was able to build on Linux and MS Windows.
Not sure if the patch is still necessary, but I think we should switch to
1.2.2 then.

Thanks & best Regards,

	Andreas

Posted by Andreas Fester <An...@gmx.de>.