Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/05/26 08:06:41 UTC

Another RC4 try

Hello Developers and Testers,

I rolled some new release ZIP and TAR balls, which can be found at
ftp://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/ (They currently being
uploaded). I left out the windows installer this time.

I would like to thank all people who did important basic testing the
last days. I hope we could fix at least a few of the raised issues, but
I also know the "bummers" are still in. We also have one pending patch
of Dale, which is not yet applied.

If the archives are uploaded, I will also install the binary version
with tomcat 4.0.x on the demo machine. So, I will copy the WAR file to
tomcats webapp.

It is very appreciated that we test the src and the binary balls as soon
as possible. I think I will have to do one more rolling, but thats ok.
One test goal should be to verify the new issues which seemed to be
raised by the previous RC4 archives.

Watch out and have fun.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Numbering (Re: Another RC4 try)

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 10:35, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> I think it is after all very confusing to download a file called
>
>   incubating-lenya-1.2RC5-src.tar.gz
>
> and to get a directory called
>
>   incubating-lenya-1.2RC4

True. This was only because I renamed the files from RC4 to RC5 without
rebuilding the packages, sorry. This will be fixed with the next
packages.

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.
I think it is after all very confusing to download a file called

  incubating-lenya-1.2RC5-src.tar.gz

and to get a directory called

  incubating-lenya-1.2RC4

when untaring!

Also this might spoil people's source tree if they keep different versions
in parallel directories on their harddisks.

Torsten

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:00, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

> >>After the release of 1.2 I suggest this change: use a similar numbering scheme
> >>as in the Cocoon project and use unequal minor numbers for development versions.
> >>For example: 1.3.5 instead of 1.4RC5 and 1.4.0 instead of 1.4.
> >>

> >+1
> >

> just a second: A release candidate is not a release, but something like
> 1.2.5 is a release! We are far away from 1.2.5, because we have not even
> reached 1.2.0 ;-)
>
> Maybe Rolf can change the current release candidate number to
>
> 1.2RC5

I will do that.

Rolf Kulemann

Why did the Roman Empire collapse?  What is the Latin for office
automation?

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: Numbering (Re: Another RC4 try)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>>After the release of 1.2 I suggest this change: use a similar numbering scheme
>>as in the Cocoon project and use unequal minor numbers for development versions.
>>For example: 1.3.5 instead of 1.4RC5 and 1.4.0 instead of 1.4.
>>

>+1

just a second: A release candidate is not a release, but something like
1.2.5 is a release! We are far away from 1.2.5, because we have not even
reached 1.2.0 ;-)

Maybe Rolf can change the current release candidate number to

1.2RC5

to prevent confusion.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Numbering (Re: Another RC4 try)

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 09:19, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > > Hello Developers and Testers,
> > >
> > > I rolled some new release ZIP and TAR balls, which can be found at
> > > ftp://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/ (They currently being
> > > uploaded). I left out the windows installer this time.
> >
> > Sorry, the link is
> >
> > http://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/
>
> The file name and the version information were not changed but they are
> different versions. I would prefer to increase the version info even for such
> rather small changes. The current version should have a number 1.2RC5 or so.
> There is an unlimited amount of numbers available, they really are not a sparse
> resource!

Agreed.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.

endorsed libs (Re: Another RC4 try)

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Should I do anything with the content of the new "endorsed" directory?

1.2RC4:
G:\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\endorsed
contains:
xalan-2.5.0.jar

1.2RC4.2:
G:\Lenya\endorsed