Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anthony Martin <An...@TRAMS.com> on 2001/04/20 18:03:01 UTC

"No getter method for property {prop} of bean {bean}"

I get the ServletException, "No getter method for property {prop} of bean
{bean}" when accessing this particular bean.  The variable instance is
stored as a Date that I format to and from strings.  The setter can take a
Date or a String.  I could understand if it couldn't find the setter, but I
don't understand why it can't find the getter.

Is this caused by the fact that I have overloaded the setter to accept Date?
I want to have "createDt" and "modifyDt" values that are set by the system.
I should be able to drop the String setter all together so that my UI team
won't be tempted to offer it as an editable field.  Or am I taking the wrong
approach?

Anthony

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.