Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com> on 2016/11/21 09:12:43 UTC

Do we need discovery.oak in the oak_tar runmode?

Hi,

It occurred to me that we're shipping a discovery mechanism for what is
basically a standalone setup - oak_tar uses a SegmentNodeStore backed
without any means of being part of a cluster.

Should we use discovery.standalone instead?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Do we need discovery.oak in the oak_tar runmode?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 11:00 +0100, Stefan Egli wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> discovery.standalone would not allow to use any topology connectors
> which
> connects multiple individual clusters with each other. So if we want
> have that as a default we should include discovery.oak.

If we lose functionality then switching is not something I am going to
suggest.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Robert

Posted by Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

discovery.standalone would not allow to use any topology connectors which
connects multiple individual clusters with each other. So if we want to