Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Y. Z." <zh...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/14 16:33:08 UTC

C++ development framework under Hadoop

Hi Experts,

I'm going to to do some computation-intensive operation under Hadoop
framework. I'm wondering which is the best way to code in C++ under
Hadoop framework? I'm aware of three options: Hadoop Streaming, Hadoop
Pipes, and Hadoop C++ Extension. I heard that Hadoop Pipes has/would be
deprecated in Hadoop 2.*. I'm also not sure if Hadoop C++ Extension is
still well maintained. Meanwhile, Hadoop Streaming has high I/O overhead.

What are your opinions? Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
Y. Z.

Re: C++ development framework under Hadoop

Posted by SACHINGUPTA <sa...@datametica.com>.
Hi guys

I have situation in which i have machine with 4 processor and i have 5
containers so does it mean i can have only 4 mappers running parallely
at a time

and number of mappers is not dependent on the number of containers in a
machine then what is the use of container concept

sorry if i have asked anything obvious.

thanks

--
Thanks
Sachin Gupta

Re: C++ development framework under Hadoop

Posted by SACHINGUPTA <sa...@datametica.com>.
Hi guys

--
Thanks
Sachin Gupta

Re: C++ development framework under Hadoop

Posted by SACHINGUPTA <sa...@datametica.com>.
Hi guys

--
Thanks
Sachin Gupta

Re: C++ development framework under Hadoop

Posted by SACHINGUPTA <sa...@datametica.com>.
Hi guys

--
Thanks
Sachin Gupta

Re: C++ development framework under Hadoop

Posted by Y Z <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!:)

Posted by Y Z <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!:)