Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Swix Company <sw...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 15:04:45 UTC

Flex

Hi There,

I would like to propose that Flex be compatible with jQuery. It will go a
long way of helping develop RIA.
I would like to know what your thoughts are on this idea.

--
*Nene Odonkor*
*CEO & Senior Creative Director**
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Inspire. Design. Create.*
*

Like us on *Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/amswix*

Re: Flex

Posted by Peter Elst <pe...@gmail.com>.
I'm assuming this is similar to the common feature request of the display
list being exposed into the browser DOM - its more something for the Flash
Player level and don't think its very feasible (would be great though).

A possible approach is writing a jQuery plugin that takes advantage of
ExternalInterface and a corresponding ActionScript utility that does
the marshaling. Its all a bit hacky though and not sure what the advantage
is over just using ExternalInterface if there's no low level support for
it.

- Peter

Re: Flex

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.