Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/12 12:48:05 UTC

Can i completely remove a binary file from subversion?

Hi,

Can i completely remove a binary file from subversion? How?

For example, in Perforce, I can use the command obliterate to completely
remove a binary file even from the db. Can i do the same with SVN? So I can
actually free up the space in repository?

Thanks.

A.

Removing empty revisions

Posted by Geir Engebakken <ge...@edb.com>.
I tried to dump a repository, extracting only a part of it with svndumpfilter as shown here :

 svnadmin dump /source/test | svndumpfilter include /channel  --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs >ebb.dump

I thought the --drop-empty-revs option would remove empty revisions, but in the dump file there are lots and lots of revisions like this :

Revision-number: 57
Prop-content-length: 112

K 7
svn:log
V 38
This is an empty revision for padding.
K 8
svn:date
V 27
2007-11-01T11:04:49.184284Z
PROPS-END

Why arent these empty revisions removed from the dump I wonder ?

Geir

Re: Can i completely remove a binary file from subversion?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#removal

Re: Can i completely remove a binary file from subversion?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.