Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 15:38:43 UTC

[VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Hi all,

Rick and I would like to call a vote on the framework and main 1.0.0
release.  The source release archives, signature files, and MD5
message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:

http://people.apache.org/~pauls/felix-1.0.0.html

Additionally, a binary release is included on the page as a
convenience download until we have our installer working and released.

We ask that you please vote to approve these release archives:

[ ] +1 Approve the Felix 1.0.0 sub-project releases.

Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

Signatures and digests all checked out and I was able to extract and
start the binary release, so it all looks good to me.

-> richard

Posted by Emil Ivov <em...@emcho.com>.
+1

Cheers
Emil

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
I'll take care of it next week. Thanks for looking into it.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Karl Pauls wrote:
> I just called a vote on the two needed artifacts. Personally, I'm not
> sure this is really needed because we voted on the source releases and
> somehow I'd say that the resulting artifacts are covered as well but
> it seemed quicker to just vote on them again.

It is needed - we have to vote on each and every artifact we release. If
we just vote on the source who can ensure that the binary artifact is
really the one built from the source? And the build process might pull
in other stuff etc. (Ok, in our case these points might not apply, but
there is no other way to ensure everything is working properly in
general than voting on every released artifact)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 7/27/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'll put the artifacts in the maven repo over the weekend.
>
> Carsten

That would be great, thanks!

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Herko ter Horst wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
>> The vote is successful. We will make the release artifacts available
>> as soon as possible.
>
> I've been watching developments on Felix from the sidelines (I've
> worked with Oscar OSGi in the past) and I must say I'm impressed by
> the progress that's been made.
>
> So I just want to congratulate you all on achieving 1.0 status!

Thanks.

-> richard

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Herko ter Horst <he...@terhorst.net>.
Hello guys,

> The vote is successful. We will make the release artifacts available
> as soon as possible.

I've been watching developments on Felix from the sidelines (I've worked
with Oscar OSGi in the past) and I must say I'm impressed by the
progress that's been made.

So I just want to congratulate you all on achieving 1.0 status!

:)

Cheers,

Herko

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Jul 26, 2007, at 19:42 , Karl Pauls wrote:

> Marcel, could you look into making the artifacts available on the
> Felix homepage and add something to the news section again?

Yes, I'll do that this weekend!

Greetings, Marcel

[RESULT][VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.0 framework and main release

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 20 July 2007 21:38, Karl Pauls wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Rick and I would like to call a vote on the framework and main 1.0.0
> release.

[x] +1 Approve the Felix 1.0.0 sub-project releases.

I have fixed the
file ./framework/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/manifestparser/Requirement.java
to have the new boilerplate license header and not the old as was the case.
This is not enough to cut a new release IMHO.

FYI, and this might be work in progress, but the felix.sh and felix.bat exist
in $SOURCE/etc but is not part of the built binary.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er