Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 17:46:21 UTC

Re: OGNL issues

A fix can probably be made later tonight if you file an issue here:

http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/OGNL

On 5/2/07, Lionel Touati <l....@expediacorporate.fr> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> I'm still having issues with OGNL with the latest OGNL / TAP ( out of SVN)
> combination. This simple invocation for example:
>
> ognl:getCell(column,row).fareType.name()+'_icone'
>
> always fails with the following exception
>
> nable to read OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of
> $ThreeDPricing_2135@3c1[ThreeDPricing]: target is null for method getColumn
> org.apache.tapestry.BindingException  Unable to read OGNL expression
> '<parsed OGNL expression>' of $ThreeDPricing_2135@3c1[ThreeDPricing]: target
> is null for method getColumn  binding: ExpressionBinding[ThreeDPricing
> getCell(getColumn(),row).fareType.name()+'_icone'] location: context:/WEB-INF/travel/air/ThreeDPricing.html,
> line 125
>   120 <span jwcid="@If" condition="ognl:getCell(column,row)!=null">  121 <span
> jwcid="@If" condition="ognl:!isPublicFare(getCell(column,row))">  122 <td
> width="ognl: @java.lang.String@valueOf(20 / columns.length) + '%'"
> valign="top" class="ognl:getTdClass(getCell(column,row)) + '_price'"
> jwcid="@Any" >  123 <table width="100%" heigh="100%">  124 <tr>  125 <td
> jwcid="@Any" id="ognl:getCell(getColumn(),row).fareType.name()+'_icone'">
> 126 <span jwcid="@If"
> condition="ognl:getCell(column,row).fareType.name().equals('TARIF_EXPEDIA')">
> 127 <span jwcid="@egencia:ToolTip" block="ognl:components.expediaToolTip"
> color="#FFF9D0">  128 <span key="threedpricing_expedia_fare"/>  129
> $ThreeDPricing_2135@3c1[ThreeDPricing]: target is null for method getColumn
>

> My guess, is that the HivemindExpressionCompiler can't figure out that the
> method needs to be invoked on the component and it fails miserabily. Any
> idea of when this can be fixed ?
>
> Thx

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: OGNL issues

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
P.S. You're much more likely to get a working fix if you provide enough
information in your report for me to re-produce exactly the same method
calls /object structure. Doesn't have to be a "component" per say, just need
to know method signatures / types on everything.