Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Vola, Guillaume" <Gu...@mkms.xerox.com> on 2002/10/21 18:19:00 UTC

Remote testing issue

Hello,

When testing an application internally, is it possible to run the threads remotly
but without using most of the CPU ressource of the machine on which the server
is running. In other words how to avoid jmeter-server uses most of the CPU ressource ?
Is there a solution to run jmeter on a different machine ?
I would try to explain my issue:
My app is running two java processes (rmi server + tomcat) on a machine (PC 1Ghz, 512 Mo)
The front-end needs lot of CPU for computing data.
If I launch jmeter -s on the same machine, after a while it takes 70 % of the CPU,
and so the results of the test are not realistic at all.

Help or advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
--
Guillaume Vola
Project Leader - Quality Assurance & Support

Re: Remote testing issue

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Why would you ever run JMeter on the same machine as the server you're
testing?

-Mike

--
Michael Stover