Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kutlu Araslı <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 14:24:56 UTC

Increasing spout fails

Hi,

I have been observing "failed counter" for spout is increasing in time but
there is no fail for individual bolts. Incident started after moving new
development assets to live environment.
Diving into code, i could't find out any change that will cause a problem
so far.   So my assumption is,  topology is trying to replay tuples because
of a bolt execution takes long time and that's why spout is increasing
"failed counter". Previously i had experienced such problems and Storm UI
execution times may be misleading in such cases.
Is there a prebuilt logging mechanism to assert my assumption?
Any alternative way which increases only spout's "failed counter"?
Toplogy is using KestrelSpout and storm version is 0.8.3.

Thanks,