Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by chrisdrobison <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/22 14:33:18 UTC

Wildcards

I need a little clarifications on wildcards in ActiveMQ 5.x. I'll use the
documentation examples for this question.

PRICE.STOCK.NASDAQ.* -- Any stock price on NASDAQ

PRICE.STOCK.*.IBM -- Any IBM stock price on any exchange

So will PRICE.STOCK.*.IBM also match PRICE.STOCK.A.B.IBM?

Re: Wildcards

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
No. * matches exactly one token, no more.

Also, > matches one or more tokens (maybe zero or more tokens, I don't
remember that edge case) from that point to the end of the name.

There is no mechanism currently implemented for matching multiple tokens in
the middle of a name as you're trying to do. Though if you're open to
modifying the source code, I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to implement
that behavior.

Tim