Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Frederico Azeiteiro <Fr...@cision.com> on 2011/01/11 12:49:32 UTC

Strange query behaviour using splitOnCaseChange=1

Hi all,

I had indexed a text with the word "InterContinental" with fieldType
text (with the default filters just removing the
solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory).

As far as I understand, using the filter solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
with splitOnCaseChange="1", this word is indexed as:

term text

inter

continental

intercontinental

When I search for "continental" the article is returned.

When searching for "intercontinental" the article is returned

When searching for "Inter Continental" the article is returned

When searching for "Inter AND Continental" the article is returned

When searching for "InterContinental" the article is NOT returned

Can anyone explains why the last search didn't return the article?

Thank you,

Frederico Azeiteiro

Re: Strange query behaviour using splitOnCaseChange=1

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(11/01/11 20:49), Frederico Azeiteiro wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I had indexed a text with the word "InterContinental" with fieldType
> text (with the default filters just removing the
> solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory).
>

> As far as I understand, using the filter solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
> with splitOnCaseChange="1", this word is indexed as:
>

> term text
>
> inter
>
> continental
>
> intercontinental
>

> When I search for "continental" the article is returned.
>
> When searching for "intercontinental" the article is returned
>
> When searching for "Inter Continental" the article is returned
>
> When searching for "Inter AND Continental" the article is returned
>
> When searching for "InterContinental" the article is NOT returned
>

> Can anyone explains why the last search didn't return the article?

Frederico,

Doesn't preserveOriginal="1" help you?

Koji
--