Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2015/12/23 12:12:30 UTC

Reorg merged

Hi All-

The reorganised incubator repo PR [1]  has been merged.  John's notes
from there below about changes you'll have to do, including setting up
your IDE.

In particular other PR's may have to be rebased, and then check whether
any new files are hanging around in old-style directories off the root.
(If all you've done is changed files it should do the right thing on
merge, but if there are new files you'll have to manually move them (but
it's very simple to do so).  For example I've tested this with #1118,
with an extra commit [2].

If you experience any issues with the new project structure please let
us know before we cut across to the brooklyn repos, ideally opening PR's.

The automation to move to apache/brooklyn{,-*} repos is ready to go.
Maybe do this next week to minimise disruption?

If you have a PR which ought to be merged first let us know!

--- john's notes

Once this is merged:

Existing branches and PR's may have to be rebased or merged
Your IDE may have to be completely reset
On (1) git actually does a remarkable job of tracking things across
moves, so I expect conflicts will mainly be:

Where you have added or deleted files:

where you have changed something which has changed (especially the poms)
If you have a PR or WIP which does these it will be a bit easier to
merge them first so please let us know. In particular there is UI,
OSGi, and Salt work in progress I think we were hoping to merge. But I
don't want to hold up the migration for too long.

FYI it will be a little bit more tedious to migrate these changes across
to the new repo structure (ie apache/brooklyn{,-*}) but git-patch
assuming we keep the same filesystem structure using git modules should
work pretty well once you have rebased on the reorged incubator project.

Best
Alex

[1]  https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/1119
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/commit/cd504e226f0d54fb5bb871d248242e071c228ab0

Re: Reorg merged

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
+1 to relaxing RTC for stabilisation fixes

--A

Re: Reorg merged

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.