Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by la...@mycloe.com on 2001/05/28 20:02:55 UTC

Compile problems in FreeBSD 4.2

It has been suggested that the problem mentioned below may be fixed by
adding two more steps:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/hotspot:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

I have tried these steps as well, but I still can't compile due to the
"can't find libjava.so" error. Is it possibly a problem due to the fact
that the jdk is compiled for linux? I do have the linux compatibility
package installed, but I have not tested it.