Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bo...@icpnet.pl on 2005/12/08 00:06:25 UTC

How to include a fragment of HTML ?

Hello,

All pages generated by my webapp have the same footer.
How to put the footer into a separate file and include
it in all the pages?

It was pretty basic and easy task in PHP or using
Apache SSI includes, but I don't really understand
how to do this in Tapestry...

Thanks for any
help!

RE: How to include a fragment of HTML ?

Posted by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net>.
	I thought he wanted to load arbitary fragments on an as needed
basis? If not then, yah, your approach is infinitely simpler, but if he
already has a library of fragments then he could just @Insert them via the
loader approach.

	--- Pat

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.

Posted by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net>.
	If you don't want to do it via Tassel, just write a static method
that loads it e.g.

	Public static String load(String asset) {
			File f = new File(asset);
			FileInputStream fs = new FileInputStream(f);
			ByteArrayOutputStream bs = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
			byte[] buffer = new byte[1024];
			try {
				while (true) {
					int length = fs.read(buffer);
					if (length < 0) {
						break;
					}
					bs.write(buffer, 0, length);
				}
				fs.close();
			} catch (Exception e) {
				Log.error(e);
			}
			String rc = new String(bs.toByteArray());
			Return rc;
}

	Then use the @Insert component on your form
value="ognl:@mypackage.myLoader@load('foo.html')" raw="true"/>