Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Malay Nilabh <Ma...@lntinfotech.com> on 2014/09/10 07:36:20 UTC

Performance testing in Cassandra

Hi

Anyone can you please let me know the steps for performance testing in Cassandra using Stress tools.

Regards,
Malay Nilabh
BIDW BU/ Big Data CoE
L&T Infotech Ltd, Hinjewadi,Pune
[cid:image001.gif@01CFCCE7.400E62B0]: +91-20-66571746
[cid:image002.png@01CFCCE7.400E62B0]+91-73-879-00727
Email: Malay.Nilabh@lntinfotech.com<ma...@lntinfotech.com>
|| Save Paper - Save Trees ||

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Re: Performance testing in Cassandra

Posted by Benedict Elliott Smith <be...@datastax.com>.
With the official release of 2.1, I highly recommend using the new stress
tool bundled with it - it is improved in many ways over the tool in 2.0,
and is compatible with older clusters.

It supports the same simple mode of operation as the old stress, with
better command line interface and more accurate statistics, but it now also
supports stressing arbitrary CQL schemas, so you can see roughly how
performant your own workloads would be (although the procedural generation
of data is costlier, so you need a higher ratio of stress nodes to C*
nodes).

See
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/improved-cassandra-2-1-stress-tool-benchmark-any-schema
for
a detailed explanation.

I would even consider grabbing the latest stress from the source
repository, as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7519
introduces even more improvements to permit more realistic workload
generation, which will be bundled with the 2.1.1 release of C*.

Posted by Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Malay ,