Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andreas Zeller - zit-systems <an...@zit-systems.de> on 2006/05/09 10:17:29 UTC

Dynamic number of components

Hello everybody,

I've got a question on how to create a dynamic number of components,
that depends on a database model.

I have a tree-like structure in the database and I want to create a
number of pulldown-boxes to navigate through them. So what I want to do,
is select a root category and create a new selectOneMenu component that
is filled with the child categories and so on, until a final category is
seelected.

At the moment, there is a static model for that, but neither do I like
it nor does the code work as perfectly as I want it to.

How do I create component-sets like these?

I would by grateful about any advice...

Andreas