Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Polk <li...@javelinux.com> on 2005/01/22 21:08:02 UTC

Cannot open bayes databases

Anyone know what causes this? I get it running sa-learn as root or anybody
else. This just started happening, though I did update recently.

Cannot open bayes databases /home/jav/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Cannot open bayes databases /home/jav/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Learned from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined).

--
<<JAV>>

Re: Cannot open bayes databases

Posted by Joe Polk <li...@javelinux.com>.
It wasn't non-existent files because I know they existed. As I said, I got the
same error with root. Apparently, when the update ran it screwed up something.
I found some posts via google that pointed to a new Bayes db needed. What I
did was, first turn off user_prefs. Something I kinda wanted to do anyway.
Then I moved root's bayes files to /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes and set the
perms 775. That worked. I don't know which did or if it was the combination.

--
<<JAV>>

--
<<JAV>>