Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Wick2804 <ch...@banctec.com> on 2010/03/03 12:14:49 UTC

Streaming files diectly to Tika

We would like to stream files directly to Tika, rather than writing them to
temporary store and passing the location to Tika. Is this possible? We
currently extract our files from an Archive so have them in memory ready for
these bytearrays to temporary files to be loaded which seems a little
wasteful.

Re: Streaming files diectly to Tika

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Wick2804 <ch...@banctec.com> wrote:
> We would like to stream files directly to Tika, rather than writing them to
> temporary store and passing the location to Tika. Is this possible?

Yes, all the key interfaces in Tika accept the input document as an InputStream.

BR,

Jukka Zitting