Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2014/07/18 22:31:51 UTC

Miredot License Key for Apache Tika Project

Good Afternoon Sir/Madam,
On behalf of the Apache Tika [0] project I am writing to enquire about the
possibility of using Miredot to build, represent and communicate our REST
API documentation to the large community of users and developers who use
Tika in a plethora of applications across the globe.
As we (The Apache Software Foundation) are a non-for-profit organization, I
am looking to see if we can be granted exception from your pricing model?
I have configured our project to use the Miredot plugin and also configured
your repository in our project build so if we are able to obtain a license
key then it's just a case of flicking the switch for us to have Miredot
powered REST API docs for Apache Tika.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Best
Lewis

[0] http://tika.apache.org

--

 _____ _          _____             _          _____     ___ _
               _____               _     _   _

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 V.P

Re: Miredot License Key for Apache Tika Project

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Great work Lewis.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Ah right, I do see that comment, very true.

Tom

--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: Miredot License Key for Apache Tika Project

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Jumping on this thread very late so please excuse me if this had been
covered.  Anyone cinematic contemplate Enunciate for Rest API
documentation?

Tom
Hello Lewis,

Due to the open source nature of Apache Tika, you are indeed granted free
licence key(s) if you wish to use MireDot to document your REST API
documentation. If you provide me with the groupid/artifactid of the maven
module(s) in which your rest api interfaces reside, I will send you the
key(s).

Also, we currently do not list our customers on the MireDot website.
However, should we ever decide to do so, are we allowed to mention the
Apache Foundation as a user?

Kind regards,
Yves

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thank you Yves!

I'm CC'ing our trademarks@ list - I don't see you guys listing
ApacheĀ Tika (and any other specific Apache projects) as customers
if you are granting those projects free licenses to use your
software. More generally I think it's probably OK to list Apache
in general, but want to make sure with our VP, Trademarks, that
this makes sense to him too.

Shane?

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Tyler Bui-Palsulich <tp...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Thank you for the license! It looks like it expired at the end of January.
Would it be possible to renew it?

Thanks,
Tyler

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic, thank you.

--
*Lewis*

Re: Miredot License Key for Apache Tika Project

Posted by Yves Vandewoude <yv...@miredot.com>.
Dear Lewis,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yves,