Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ralph Scheuer <ra...@gmx.net> on 2005/02/25 16:05:40 UTC

Help, please: PropPatchMethod.addPropertyToSet

Hi everybody,

I am successfully using SLIDE client with Exchange Server 2003 for
querying (thanks for the great job btw!).

However, now I am trying to modify data via PropPatchMethod. My first
attempt was using WebdavResource.proppatchmethod which worked but I
need to execute a PropPatchMethod only because WebdavResource does a
PROPFIND after the PROPPATCH (which fails when Exchange changes the
target file name).

When I build my Hashtable for resource.proppatchMethod(Hashtable xy,
boolean x), I do something like this:

props.put(new PropertyName("urn:schemas:calendar:", "location"),
appt.location());

which works successfully. However, when I construct the PropPatchMethod
"by hand" using

public void addPropertyToSet(java.lang.String name,
                              java.lang.String value,
                              java.lang.String namespace,
                              java.lang.String namespaceInfo)

I do not know what to write into the namespace and namespace info
fields because I have no clue what "namespace abbreviation" and
"namespace info" should be... I have tried something like this:

ppm.addPropertyToSet("location", appt.location(), "dummy",
"urn:schemas:calendar:");

where I have used "dummy" to provide an arbitrary string or to get some
kind of useful error but it doesn't seem so...

Can anybody tell me which parameters I have to pass to this method to
make it work correctly?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ralph

Re: Help, please: PropPatchMethod.addPropertyToSet

Posted by Ralph Scheuer <ra...@gmx.net>.
Sorry, don't bother.

It works now - I just found out that

> public void addPropertyToSet(java.lang.String name,
>                              java.lang.String value,
>                              java.lang.String namespace,
>                              java.lang.String namespaceInfo)

accepts null for the "namespace" String and the "real" namespace is in
namespaceInfo.

Ralph Scheuer