Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/28 08:26:01 UTC

EJB related exception while migrating from Geronimo1.1.1 to Geronimo2.0.2

Hi,

When i am migrating an application from Geronimo 1.1.1 to Geronimo 2.0.1,
getting the following exception related to EJB

19:10:33,833 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the ejb-jar.xml file:
jar:file:/E:/Geronimo 2.0.2/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2-bin/geronimo-
tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2/var/temp/geronimo-
deploymentUtil24547.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml: null
            at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
EjbModuleBuilder.java:221)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
EjbModuleBuilder.java:199)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke
(<generated>)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:124)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(
GBeanInstance.java:830)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(
RawInvoker.java:57)
            at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(
RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(
ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$72b50ef.createModule
(<generated>)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(
EARConfigBuilder.java:767)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(
EARConfigBuilder.java:384)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(
EARConfigBuilder.java:277)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke
(<generated>)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:124)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(
GBeanInstance.java:830)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(
RawInvoker.java:57)
            at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(
RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(
ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.CorbaGBeanNameSource$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$3e58cb04.getDeploymentPlan
(<generated>)
            at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
:234)
            at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
:126)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke
(<generated>)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:124)
            at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(
GBeanInstance.java:865)
            at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(
BasicKernel.java:239)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(
AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(
DistributeCommand.java:61)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the
ejb-jar.xml file: jar:file:/E:/Geronimo 2.0.2/geronimo-
tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2-bin/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2/var/temp/geronimo-
deploymentUtil24547.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml: null
            at org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar(
ReadDescriptors.java:334)
            at org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.load(
DeploymentLoader.java:368)
            at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
EjbModuleBuilder.java:211)
            ... 33 more
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com]
            at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(
UnmarshallerImpl.java:196)
            at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
UnmarshallerImpl.java:167)
            at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:120)
            at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:103)
            at org.apache.openejb.jee.JaxbJavaee.unmarshal(JaxbJavaee.java
:103)
            at org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar(
ReadDescriptors.java:330)
            ... 35 more
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
            at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
            at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:365)
            at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:477)
            at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:214)
            at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:287)
            at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:299)
            at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(
HttpURLConnection.java:784)
            at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(
HttpURLConnection.java:736)
            at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(
HttpURLConnection.java:661)
            at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(
HttpURLConnection.java:905)
            at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
            at
Source)
Source)
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
            at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java
:333)
            at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(
UnmarshallerImpl.java:194)
            ... 40 more

Please advice on what could be the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Hari

Re: EJB related exception while migrating from Geronimo1.1.1 to Geronimo2.0.2

Posted by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com>.
I could not found openejb-core-3.0-beta-1.jar inside
http://people.apache.org/~jlaskowski/openejb-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejlaskowski/openejb-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip>

I could see openejb-core-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar only. should i rename it to
3.1-beta-1  jar.

Please advice me how to proceed.

Posted by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com>.
I got the following error when i tried connecting to java.sun.com through
telnet
*Microsoft Telnet> o java.sun.com 80*
*Connecting To java.sun.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port
80: Connect failed
*

I tried installing Geronimo 2.1 SNAPSHOT, but got the following error
Module 19/63 org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car
14:40:34,743 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs
/openejb/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs
/openejb/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car,j
2eeType=GBean,name=OpenEjbSystem"
*java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: CASE_INSENSITIVE_PROPERTIES
*

When i google it, i saw the below reply from u in a forum
"I think DMB fixed it already in openejb trunk and unless the latest
openejb bits are published it should be fixed now. Give it a spin. "

But i could not get exactly what to do, Can please advice.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com>.
Good observation of the mail... ;-) and thanks for the reply,
I need some more information on the first thing among the 2 possible ways
that you have provided, i.e. geronimo instance online.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.