Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/24 07:18:22 UTC

Status of 'allowAmbiguousCommands' and Maven

Towards the end of last year there was a problem with Maven projects
caused by a new version of the JDK. The workaround was to edit
netbeans.conf and add an option to netbeans_default_options.

What's the current status of this? If memory serves, the change for
netbeans.conf was put into NB 11.3 and there is a patch been committed
for NB 12?

I ask because I answered a StackOverflow question on this I and I want
to edit my answer to make sure it's the correct, up-to-date
information.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58473884/cannot-create-maven-web-project-in-netbeans-8-2/58500289#58500289

Pete

Re: Status of 'allowAmbiguousCommands' and Maven

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 08:44, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
Thanks Eric, I have updated the StackOverflow.

RE: Status of 'allowAmbiguousCommands' and Maven

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

 If on NB11.3 it should be working without patching netbeans.conf.
 On NB12.0 we removed the cli allowAmbiguousCommand reference. (should be ok until someone not using maven see an issue)

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 11:09, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> Incidentally, that fix went into NB 11.2.
OK, memory didn't serve.  After my first message I actually checked in
the bug report and there were references to it being fixed in 11.2 VC
so I guessed it was fixed in 11.2. How time flies!

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, 07:24 Peter Hull, <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  If memory serves, the change for
> netbeans.conf was put into NB 11.3

Incidentally, that fix went into NB 11.2.

Best wishes,

Neil