Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2011/10/24 18:44:24 UTC

Blueprint release

I've been staging all the bundles up to and including (from a
dependency perspective) the Blueprint ones. I'm hitting a problem in
staging the blueprint-core module. The
org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-0.4.jar that I get after running mvn
release:prepare includes the /org/apache/aries/blueprint/blueprint.xsd
file. Then I carry out the mvn release:perform step (which checks out
the tag that was created into target/checkout) and that creates
another org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-0.4.jar built from the newly
checked-out tag. But the blueprint.xsd file is missing from this
binary? If anyone has any idea what is happening, please say.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 25 October 2011 00:32, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIRC, I origianlly included the xsd only in the blueprint-core (it's
> actually needed for validation) but was asked to put in the api jar (because
> it could be considered part of the api).
> I'd remove it from the api if we need to remove one.

With help from Tim Ward I think I have the right maven-bundle-plugin
incantation. Adding:

      <Include-Resource>
          {maven-resources},
          /org/apache/aries/blueprint/blueprint.xsd=/org/osgi/service/blueprint/blueprint.xsd
      </Include-Resource>

to the <properties> element and removing the resources plugin
configuration gives me the blueprint.xsd in the core.

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
stunts like that are definitely a release blocker (I'd vote -1 if I knew about this even if it didn't break the build).  What's the goal of this?  To have the same resource (xsd) in both the api and the implementation jar?  If this is really a good idea then you should use the maven-dependency-plugin to extract the xsd from the blueprint-api jar into the target path.  I'd think duplicating resources should be avoided if at all possible however.

Re: Blueprint release

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.