Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Karr, David" <Da...@wamu.net> on 2003/12/08 17:20:52 UTC

Make assertEqual messages give all of "expected" and "actual" values

When I have a failure from a "assertEqual" (or other related ones), the
message that comes out shows an "abbreviation" of the expected and
actual value.  Short of building the the message myself, is there a way
to make the resulting message print the entire expected and actual
value?

Re: Make assertEqual messages give all of "expected" and "actual" values

Posted by "J. B. Rainsberger" <jb...@rogers.com>.
Karr, David wrote:

> When I have a failure from a "assertEqual" (or other related ones), the
> message that comes out shows an "abbreviation" of the expected and
> actual value.  Short of building the the message myself, is there a way
> to make the resulting message print the entire expected and actual
> value?

Search the web. I know of at least two people who have written JUnit
patches for this problem. Alex Chaffee is one of them.

--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services