Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tor Sannes <to...@avancemetering.com> on 2019/05/22 12:21:17 UTC

Problem in building a thin sbar/jar deploy

Hello:

I am working on moving the Jenkins/Maven build environment from a Linux based platform to a Windows based platform, and everything is more or less working, except that the resulting sbar file is approx. 200 MB, while the wanted size (from old environment) is about 65 kB!
I have searched for building hints everywhere, and also compared the two installations, but can't identify a solution to my problem :(

Thx, for any help/suggestions!

Best Regards,
Tor Sannes

The pom.xml of the sbar file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <parent>
        <groupId>com.oracle.servicebus</groupId>
        <artifactId>sbar-project-common</artifactId>
        <version>12.1.3-0-0</version>
    </parent>
    <groupId>SSYS</groupId>
    <artifactId>EventResponse</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>sbar</packaging>
    <description/>
</project>

And the central Maven settings.xml looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
          xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
  <pluginGroups>
  </pluginGroups>
  <proxies>
  </proxies>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <username>admin</username>
      <password>????</password>
      <id>internal</id>
    </server>
    <server>
      <username>admin</username>
      <password>????</password>
      <id>test</id>
    </server>
  </servers>
  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
      <name>Internal nexus Mirror of Central</name>
      <url>http://localhost:8081/repository/maven-public/</url>
      <id>central</id>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>nexus</id>
                  <properties>
                               <oracleHome>C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\</oracleHome>
                  </properties>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </snapshots>
          <id>internal</id>
          <name>internal</name>
          <url>http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </snapshots>
          <id>test</id>
          <name>test</name>
          <url>http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/repositories/test</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </snapshots>
          <id>maven-public</id>
                                 <name>maven-public</name>
          <url>http://localhost:8081/repository/maven-public/</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
                <profile>
                  <id>oracle-maven</id>
      <properties>
        <testOnly>false</testOnly>
        <failOnError>false</failOnError>
        <serverId>internal</serverId>
        <overwriteParent>true</overwriteParent>
        <oracleHome>C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\</oracleHome>
      </properties>
                </profile>
  </profiles>
  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>nexus</activeProfile>
    <activeProfile>oracle-maven</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
</settings>

RE: Problem in building a thin sbar/jar deploy

Posted by Tor Sannes <to...@avancemetering.com>.
Thanks for the tip, Anthony - I didn't know that the jar/sbar file really was a zip file :)

The problem is solved - the reason was that the project directory contained a .repository directory - probably as a result of some old erroneous build settings.
Removing this directory and rebuilding the project resulted in a small result file!

BR, Tor

EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Is an sbar file a zip file like a jar is a zip file?
If so, I’d compare the contents and see what is different.

I’ve had success using WinMerge to quickly compare:  http://winmerge.org/

Posted by Anthony Whitford <an...@whitford.com>.