Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 21:30:00 UTC

wildcard oddity

im trying to do a wild card search

"q":"item_title:(gets*)"    returns no results
"q":"item_title:(gets)"    returns results
"q":"item_title:(get*)"    returns results

seems like * at the end of a token is requiring a character, instead
of being 0 or more its acting like1 or more

the text im trying to match is "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition"

the field uses the following analyzers

    <fieldType name="text_token" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" omitNorms="false">
      <analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />
        <tokenizer class="solr.WhiteSpaceTokenizerFactory" />
        <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory" />
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="0" catenateAll="1"
splitOnNumerics="0" splitOnCaseChange="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

is anybody else having similar problems?

best,
--joe

Re: wildcard oddity

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Do you get the same behavior if you search for "gang" instead of "gets"?
I'm wondering if there's something going on with stemEnglishPossesive.

According to the docs you *should* be OK since you set
setmEnglishPosessive=0,
but this would help point in the right direction.

Also, am I correct in assuming that that is the analyzer both for indexing
AND searching?

Best
Erick